CleanTank is an integral part of providing our clients with clean fuel and an essential part of maintaining the fuel system. Over time underground storage tanks accumulate debris in the bottom of the tanks and because of todays’ fuel chemistry it is essential to remove the debris on a periodic basis. Crompco has become an industry leader in the practice of UST Cleaning.
How it Works
- Removal of water using equipment traversing the entire tank floor from multiple access points and pumping into a holding tank to settle. All fuel from the holding tank is then filtered and returned to the underground tank.
- Removal of contaminants from the tank, including rust particulate, bacterial sludge and foreign matter until the tank floor is clear and bright. Samples are achieved from multiple access points.
- Filtration, conditioning and polishing of fuel to a filtration rate of two microns, with the option of biocide treatment and extensive delivery line flushing.
- Remaining fuel in the settlement tank is treated and returned to the tank. Waste is disposed of in accordance with EPA and state regulations.
- Tank water removal causing microbial growth and/or phase separation.
- Prevention of slow flow and pumping issues through removal of particulate matter which gets trapped in the fuel filters.
- Reduce down-time. It is often not required to take the UST out of service while removing the water/particulate from the bottom of the tank.
- Decreased maintenance expenses due to the increased wear on equipment from pumping debris through the fueling system and/or filter changing.
- Prevention of bacterial growth with the option of biocide treatment. When combined with CleanTank it is the most effective way to manage this challenge without taking the tank out of service for long periods of time.
- Premium three-stage service to resolve a range of UST issues associated with fuel quality.
- Minimize the amount of good fuel lost as a result of tank cleaning. By using a settlement tank, the proprietary system enables the debris/water to be separated from the good product. The good product can be placed back in the UST which significantly reduces disposal costs.
- Premium three-stage service to resolve a range of site issues and preserve your underground assets.
- The option for forward and reverse line flushing to resolve slow flow issues caused by debris in the product lines.